Sunday 27 July 2014

Potato Roast

Potato fry or roast would be on almost everyone's favourite dishes list :) This is my quick and easy version of the dish.It pairs up well with almost any mildly spiced curry,but I love it the best with curd rice,unbeatable combo :)I'm trying hard to clear all those posts that I've been accumulating,I find clicking pics more interesting than actually sitting and making a post of it,lazy me :)


You'll Need:
oil - 2 tbsp(i used olive oil)
Potatoes - 3 medium to big(boiled,peeled and chopped into cubes)
salt as needed
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 3/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Fennel powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves powder - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Hing/Asafoetida- a pinch
Coriander leaves - a few for garnishing

Method:
-Heat the oil in the pan,when it heats up splutter the mustard seeds and add all the powders and the salt to the oil,on a slow heat let the powders cook for a minute or two.
-Add the potatoes and mix well.Add more salt if needed.
-On a slow to medium heat let the potatoes roast for 5- 10 minutes ,until they are nicely browned.Done !


Thanks for stopping by ! Have a nice day !
Sending this to Gayathri's Cook Spot hosted by Cookingwithsapana: Walk Through Memory Lane 2014

7 comments:

  1. Delicious roast ,goes well any rice dish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree; all time fav of everyone. I've made many version and now your delicious is on my list. Gosh!! every week, my other half keep asking me to make such a dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy and inviting my all time fav potato roast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tempting potato roast......looks yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple potato roast looks awesome Reni, Love to try it , I make only less quantity as my hubby runaway from potato because of his diabetics.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...